Saturday 11 February 2012

RIP Whitney Houston

Well, I love blogging about hearts and flowers and all the happy things that go along with weddings and other joyous events.

But I just heard the news:  Whitney Houston is dead at age 48.

Say what you will about her rather colourful life, from a musical perspective she will go down in history as one of the best.   From a wedding "first dance" and "crowd slow dance" perspective she gave us such hits as:
  • I Will Always Love You
  • One Moment In Time
  • I Believe In You and Me
  • The Greatest Love of All
  • Hold Me
Such a shame that talent oftentimes goes to waste.   I'm sure that at tomorrow night's Grammy Awards there will be several tributes but probably nothing too coordinated since there is no time for them to put anything together.  Another shame.

RIP Whitney.

(Photo from HipHopRx)

No comments:

Post a Comment