Tuesday 28 February 2012

Oscars 2012 - Fashion for Weddings!

We're just off the heels of the 2012 Oscars and it seemed to me that there was quite a bit of white on the red carpet.  So just which gowns would translate well for a walk down the aisle rather than the red carpet? 

Let's start with a couple NOs!  Rooney Mara had on a white gown that to me it was too low-cut and too unflattering to her upper half (reminded me of gauze dressing!); I liked the bottom well enough but just can't make myself like the overall look, especially for a wedding.  You decide:

(fashionologie.com)


Then we had JLo, who made all the "Best Dressed" lists but clearly this is another dress that is courting disaster (of the nipple kind) and is too much (or too little!!!) for a wedding, again, in my humble opinion:

(tvshark.com)

Apart from those two, we did have some suitable wedding fashion to consider.  First we'll start with my Top 4:

1)  I really liked little-known Li Bing Bing's gown, very elegant and lacey with lots of sparkle:

(eatluvpray.blogspot.com)


2)  Then there was Guiliana Rancic, putting in some va-va-voom!  A very different dress but with a lot of wow:

(sheknows.com)

3)  Mila Jovovich's one-shouldered dress with lots of beading and sparkle, with asymmetrical draping: 

(justjared.com)

4)  Cameron Diaz's gown which had a plain top (so I would suggest a nicer necklace to give it some oomph up top) but a great skirt:

(shoppingblog.com)

Some other considerations include the offerings from Octavia Spencer (which I thought was awesome for a fuller figured woman), Shailene Woodley (too matronly - we saw this dress circa 1960!) and Gwyneth Paltrow (awesome if you have a killer body and are in need of a jacket for a Fall or Winter wedding):

(gulfnews.com)

 Time to go shopping, Ladies!









No comments:

Post a Comment